Address : Via Imbriaco, Centola (SA)
B&B Palazzo Lupo Centola. B&B Palazzo Lupo is located in the Palace Baron, whose construction was completed in 1359, with the exception of the main entrance stone portal, which brings engraved with the date of 1782, and that clearly indicates the year of manufacture of same.
The building has always belonged to the family Wolf, arrived in Centola from Naples in a period between 1335 and 1341, with its surnames Ludwig Wolf.
The same Ludovico bought a house owned by a woodsman of Sicilian origin, and gradually transformed into the Palace that currently exists.
One of the main characteristics of the Palace can be found in the main entrance, with the presence of a large wooden door ashlar, accompanied by a particular additional closure system, the so-called “Pannula”, ie a long wooden bar, held in a deep cavity of the wall, which was pulled out to, in fact, even more hermetically close the door.
At the same main entrance there is to note a wonderful open-air courtyard, with the original sandstone staircase leading to the family room and the double room at the B & B; there is also worth mentioning the presence of some slits, used in the past to shoot to potential attackers; In fact, over the centuries, the Palace was the subject of looting by pirates or criminals, until the seventeenth century, or even for political reasons in the period before the unification of Italy.
The part of the building that faces the center of the village is characterized by three huge stone arches, topped by a large terrace, which make the unmistakable shape of the Palace in the viewer coming from Palinuro.
One can say that the external structure has remained essentially unchanged over the centuries.
Internally, however, it deserves a special mention a much larger room than the others, of about 70 square meters room now no longer in existence, the so-called “Gallery”, which was used for receiving guests, organizing parties or meetings with important people; by a strange quirk of fate, the “Gallery” in its transformation, has retained its original function of “welcome”, as host some rooms at B & B.
There is to remember, too, that the four sides of this huge room, they were positioned four prints depicting respectively: Garibaldi, Cavour, Mazzini, Vittorio Emanuele II.
Of these old prints, there remain 3 (that of Garibaldi was destroyed by lightning …), and present, on display, in a double bedroom and 2 suites, which, by themselves, they are named.
Quando visiti un sito Web, esso può archiviare o recuperare informazioni sul tuo browser, principalmente sotto forma di cookies. Controlla qui i tuoi servizi di cookie personali.